Intentions of this Website and Treatment for PTSD
Why We Need to Address Trauma
Trauma is pervasive in our current society. It is also severely stigmatized and marginalized; as if we don’t want to look at it and be confronted with it. It is the silent epidemic running havoc in our lives and affecting our health on all levels; mentally, emotionally and physically.
We seem to want to recognize trauma, and only to some degree, for those who have gone to war or are in high-risk professions but the bulk of occurring trauma happens much closer to us. What runs rampant and are much more common traumas are:
- CHILDHOOD TRAUMA, ABUSE AND NEGLECT (not being wanted, incessant comparing, verbal psychological abuse and bullying, divorcing parents, growing up with alcoholic or depressed parents).
- SEXUAL ABUSE (nearly 1 in 5 women in the US).
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND ABUSE (both in childhood and adulthood).
- LOSS AND ABANDONMENT(death of son, daughter, brother, sister, dad or mom).
- POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS AFTER SURGERY OR LIFE-THREATENING DISEASE.
- POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS AFTER ACCIDENTS (especially car-accidents).
We want to give you the tools to rebound after trauma and lead fulfilling lives. Post-Traumatic Stress doesn’t have to be a life-sentence; it can be resolved!
What I intend here, through this website is to change the way we think about and how we approach trauma in a constructive way.
And I have created some tools to help you with this.
- Trauma Essential eBooks; to outline the mechanisms and processes of Trauma.
- Trauma-Care Audio Guided Meditations to work on your own through guided sessions.
- And one-to-one individual online sessions.
Resolving Trauma is a process, it is an unfolding of potential, energy and resources that has been frozen in time in body and mind.
Post-Traumatic Stress however doesn’t have to be a life sentence; it can be resolved and I believe together we can do it.